April 9, 2006

Prague Parting Thoughts

Birthday Journal: I slept in. I went to Vysehrad. I had cake and ice cream. I saw the astrology clock ring at six o’clock. I took a nap. I ate fish tacos while viewing a magnificent indoor coral reef. I saw a fabulous concert inside the Municipal House. I got lost. I bought a bottle of Becherovka. I read Amy Tan. Not in that order of course, but who cares?



I thought of all of you at least once – while watching the magnificent astrology clock and its parade of Apostles – or when sipping tea in a French café, or when listening to a Dvorak cello concerto, or when adventuring through unknown streets, or when walking through Josefov. I imagined what we would have been doing and how much fun it would have been to share it with you. So you see, you were there, at least in spirit. We rendezvoused someplace fabuloso and had a great time.



Prague is esoteric and metaphysical; otherworldly and mysterious - the birthplace of wonderful things like alchemy and art nouveau. It’s beautiful and musical. Every building looks like a wedding cake and comes in one of several flavors; French Vanilla, Apricot, Pistachio or Banana Cream.




In the few days that I was there I both lost myself and found myself. I lost the part of me that was buried in the business of creating a life in New York, which can easily become a full-time job. I lost the desire to watch TV. I found my authentic self. I now get up and write every morning. I keep asking; “What am I expressing and who am I expressing it to?” I believe that it all gets summed up in our final hour of breath - when we’re in that place between two worlds - We have a conversation with God and all he really wants to know is; 1) How did you express yourself? 2) How did you help others? and 3) Are you pleased with the outcome? It’s important for us to be around people who open us up and inspire us to express ourselves and to be in places that give us the same feeling. New York and Prague both give me that, but in different ways. Prague gives me an ethereal open feeling and New York gives me righteous approval to do anything I damn want. Everything is there for the taking…but that’s another subject.



Since I returned from my little trip, I’ve given up on trying to force outcomes in all areas of my life. I now constantly have this sensation that I’m floating on my back in a beautiful pool after the sun has set, surrounded by lotus flowers and candles. Things that I thought were so important before are now completely forgotten. The only thing I really care about now is sharing it all with you. Being hidden doesn't feed anyone. I feel a really strong need to live life to the fullest in honor of all the women in this world who cannot due to cultural restrictions. If they can't live their dream, I'll live it for them. I really have nothing better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright of text and images retained by the author